Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
Ketchamized

My 'new' tractor

Ketchamized
I recently purchased an AC B-210 off ebay for $50., it's hard to tell in the pictures, but it's mostly rebuilt. It has brand new wires, solenoid, voltage regulator, battery, points/condensor, drive belt, ignition, and a few other things I'm forgetting. It has a hydraulic lift (feels nice & tight), 3 point PTO- everything is in sharp condition, and nothing is broken or bent. The only things wrong with the tractor: Wiring is shorting out somewhere, two tires don't hold air, doesn't have the original seat, and it's missing the hood and grille. (I have all needed parts already sitting in my garage waiting to go on.) Other than what I have listed, this tractor is in really really really nice shape, and it was definitely a STEAL for $50. The previous owner put a lot of money into the tractor, and put a lot of TLC into it. The transmission has been cleaned, all washers and bolts on the tractor has been replaced with new ones, everything is tight and shipshape. Paint job is original and in very good shape. It has VERY LITTLE rust- located under the battery. Easily remedied. The previous owner decided to sell it because he couldn't figure out what was shorting it out... I have solved half of the wiring problem and am awaiting more information before I continue on. I might end up paying a professional or offering a MTD tractor to someone here in exchange for fixing my electrical problems as well as putting on a new coil and an electronic ignition for me. At any rate, I'm very pleased with my purchase. Only had to travel 5 hours to get it. Very much worth it. The tractor was on ebay, and was able to contact the owner and made an offer of $50 to end the auction early and to keep their plow so they can resell the plow alone for more profit. Without much further ado, here are the pictures: (I apologize for the blurry pics... They're the original pics from the ebay auction.) [img]/club2/attach/ketchamized/LAWNM.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/ketchamized/LAWNM1.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/ketchamized/LAWNM2.jpg[/img]

Ketchamized
Matt & Roy, Thanks for the comments. :) Roy, "and it was definitely a STEAL for $50." "You gonna take sleeping pills at night?" LOL, you aren't kidding! ;o) I have seen some guys pay $450 for the same tractor in much worse condition, so I'm very aware of how lucky I got. :) This is the 2nd time. The 1st time, my father gave me an AC B-210 with hydraulic lift, a very nice deck, and a very nice tiller for free. The 2nd time, the above B-210. Can't complain at all. :)