Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
dunnp650

new guy questions

MarksA-C
Well does the battery thats in it, If you still have it, have a sticker with the CA and the CCa on it? I take those numbers and just go get a new one. If you dont still have it, I have no clue what to do. And welcome to SimpleTrACtors!

HubbardRA
The correct replacement is a 22NF, but most of us use the 51R and stated above. It is available at WalMart for about half the price of the 22NF and works great. I have them in my 713S and 716H and my son has one in his 64 Landlord. They have plenty of cold cranking power. I think they run somwhere in the 575-625 CCA range, while the regular garden tractor batteries for the boxstore tractors only run about 375 CCA. One of my engines does not have the compression release anymore. It wouldn't go past TDC with a garden tractor battery, but cranks and starts fine with the 51R.

PhanDad
I also recently replaced an older 51R battery with another 51R. The issue is the new batterey doesn't have the side hold down "ledge" to anchor the firmly in the tractor. Any suggestions to securely mount the battery?

IronPony
I would shop around a little rather than running right to Wally World. The last time I bought one at Wally World it had only a 6 month warrenty. Within a month of buying it I was in K-Mart and saw my battery with a full 24 month warrenty at same price. Pays to shop around for more than just price. Dan aka IronPony