Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

New 725

Rookie725

Rookie fever is soaring! Just purchased a 1961 running Simplicity 725. Complete with mower deck, and snowblower. Wondering what size hubcaps fit? Wheeee! I would add a photo, but I don't know how yet. Thanks for the site! Deidra

Hi, just to let you know I'm in Brooklyn CT right down 395! I have a bunch of parts if you ever need anything. Did you see the info about the show in OCT here in CT? Go to events and gatherings, and check it out. OH and welcome to the club:D Elon

Deidra, 12 and 8 inch hub caps. They are still available through Simplicity. Welcome to the sight!! We look forward to pictures! Sean

Hi Guys, and Thanks! Elon, looking for an oil bath filter, and original choke cable. Always looking for fun attachments for this toy. Deidra

Deidra, Welcome to the club! As Elon said, I too would recommend that you drop by the Colchester Show and meet some of these guys. I made the trip to that show three years ago. It was a long drive from Fredericksburg VA,where I live, but well worth it. It makes the site much more fun when you get to know some of the people on a personal basis and can actually put a face (and personality :D) with the writing that you see here. I met a bunch of people at that show, and now I am proud that I can call many of them close friends. Several of us have gotten together at other places since then, and we always have a good time.

quote:
Originally posted by Rookie725
Hi ALL Thanks for the invite. There's no way I could miss it. Looking forward! Deidra
I sent you an email about the parts, but seeing this, I'll ad them to my list to bring. Oh and don't worry about the price, I'm not looking to retire on these parts!:D Elon

I also say welcome to the club Deidra. Nice job on the 725. They are super cool tractors. Before you put your hubcaps on the front check and see if your valvestems are on the inside of the wheel. If not you will have to switch them so the hubcaps will work. I know my B1 has the valve stems on the outside but the later Bs had them on the inside. Welcome to a great club,Matt8D

Hey Guys, Just found out the reason my photo won't load is file size. No way to reduce it, I guess I'll have to take some more photos!

Deidra, try this site. Its really easy to down load and use. It makes pictures smaller and larger. You can also use it to change pictures to other kinds of files. Hope this helps. http://bluefive.pair.com/pixresizer.htm Elon

Welcome Deidra You'll love this site, I also live in Ma. and I'll be at the Ct. show Looking forward to meeting you ;) 725 one I don't have yet but i'll find one sooner or later!!

Welcome to the site and the proud ownership of the neatest, hardest working little tractor built, I say that from testing my 63 all the time and she just keeps on keepin on. BUT, hubcaps on a TRACTOR??????come on... : ) : )

Deidra, Go to Resources/Links/IrfanView and download the software. This is what I used. Open the picture with IrfanView, crop it if necessary, the set size to 640x480 and save as .jpg. This is usually all I have to do to get a picture to post. Sometimes if it is still too big, then I will change to 16 bit color to make it even smaller. This must all be done before trying to upload to the site. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the well wishes and information. This tractor is so much fun, my family is already getting tired of me talking about it. I think having the wallet sized photos made sent them over the edge! Will attempt to work on sizing photos this wkend for site. Thanks again, Deidra

Deidra, LOL, I can relate. I didn't go that far, but close. :) My wife rolls her eyes every time I start to talk about these tractors... I find myself very fortunate that she puts up with it. :) Good luck with your tractor.

And here is my new 725. The mower deck blades are being sharpened, and deck oiled. Looking forward to seeing how well this cuts my grass. Anyway, thank you all for the photo directions. Deidra