Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Deck arbor assembly diagram

Mike

I'm looking for a diagram of the deck arbors that consist of 2 flanges, all my simplicity books only show the old style. I mainly need to know where the spacers go. I tried searching the forums, but I'm running out of time this morning, as always thanks in advance. Mike

Mike, Here is a picture of the spacers in place, that was posted by Simpleton7016 in a recent topic. I hope this helps. I think Roy also installed the later model arbors into one of the early decks.

I should have been clearer, I'm talking about the thin shim type spacers that are internal. I think they go against the arbor shaft before the bearing goes on, but I am not positive.

Mike, If you know the manufacturing number for your deck go to "http://www.simplicitytechpubs.com/techpubsearch.php" and input your number. Then you can down load the parts manual. Failing the above, the shim goes on the bottom between the grass shield and the snap ring. The spacer goes on top between the pulley and the bearing. Note there is a foam gasket that goes between the arbor housing halves. Good luck,