Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

AC T-811 Variable Speed Service Manual

4xbill

The variable speed on my T 811 seems to do nothing. It only moves up a couple inches and makes no change in speed. Anybody got any advice on where to start. OR.. Does anyone have a copy of this service manual they can send me. (or even the manual number so I can find it on simp's manual site) Thanks in advance, Bill

Bill i think your t811 is the same tractor as the simplicity 6211 i have a 6216 that i put a 18 hp engine in the variators on these tractors are a pain. try model number 1690704 that is for the t811 or try 1690688 for the 6216 search the simplicty manuals i couldn't find the repair manual said its not availible on line UCD posted the link for me. try doing a search in the forum archives for the 6216 and it might be still there

Hopefully it just out of adjustment and need belts TP_500_974_00_LT_S is the repair manual which will give good directions for setting the variable just make sure your belts are good first. I took the steering wheel off and removed the dash assy so I could get to where it pivots are. I just had to do this for my 6216. [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/kismar/SimpClubPics/07-15-06001s.jpg[/IMG]