Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Its a 5-9 Hp, not a 10.

MarksA-C

Off Craigslist.com I got a Wisconsin 5-9hp engine. Here it is. [IMG]http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m290/mccarronm04/Wisconsin10hp.jpg[/IMG]

You'll spend more time trying to keep that thing running than anythingh else if it's anything like the ones Ive messed with. Some of their engines were great, some were the pits. This may be a good "practice" engine to tear down then put back together for the educational value. Just a thought.

That is the Spark plug up there. I have seen it run, it works just fine. It was in a Bolens tube frame tractor acording to the guy I got it from.

It doesn't appear to be a 10 horse engine. Don't have the model numbers in front of me right now, but I would say it's about a 5 horse. Those older Wisconsins were HUGE compared to other brand engines with the same power output. If my memory is correct, 10 horse Wisconsins of that era were twin cylinders. Should be a model number, something like AEN on the large plate riveted to the top of the blower housing. If you can provide the model number, I can give you the approximate horsepower. Pat

MarksA-C, Odd placement for the plug. :) If it runs good, then hold on to it. They go for as much as $100 on ebay, maybe a little more.

Well, its a 5-9 hp. So I dont know Exactly, but my neighbor say it. "Well thats a cute 5hp Wisconsin!", Pete(Neighbor). I was also told its a 9, then a 6. I'm stickin' with 5hp.

wisconsin 8, 10 & 12 horse engines were single cylinder if i remember correctly. If it came on a tube frame Bolens, it could be anything from 5hp to 9hp

Mark, I just found this on ebay. Check it out. Looks familiar doesn't it? http://cgi.ebay.com/Wisconsin-Montgomery-Ward_W0QQitemZ200030800632QQihZ010QQcategoryZ82248QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem Tom

Growing up those wisconsin engines were popular, my uncle had a bunch of them over the years singles, twins even 4 cylinders, most of then ran pretty good..