Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
MarksA-C

Its a 5-9 Hp, not a 10.

D-17_Dave
You'll spend more time trying to keep that thing running than anythingh else if it's anything like the ones Ive messed with. Some of their engines were great, some were the pits. This may be a good "practice" engine to tear down then put back together for the educational value. Just a thought.

PatRarick
It doesn't appear to be a 10 horse engine. Don't have the model numbers in front of me right now, but I would say it's about a 5 horse. Those older Wisconsins were HUGE compared to other brand engines with the same power output. If my memory is correct, 10 horse Wisconsins of that era were twin cylinders. Should be a model number, something like AEN on the large plate riveted to the top of the blower housing. If you can provide the model number, I can give you the approximate horsepower. Pat

SimpleTom
Mark, I just found this on ebay. Check it out. Looks familiar doesn't it? http://cgi.ebay.com/Wisconsin-Montgomery-Ward_W0QQitemZ200030800632QQihZ010QQcategoryZ82248QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem Tom