Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

help with sickle bar

perry

will a sickle bar from a wards squire 12hp adapt to my landlord 2010? i just picked up a truck and trailer full of old wards stuff. 3 monkey wards squire tractors, decks, sickle bar, tiller, 1 bottom plow, and disc.

Some of the M-W units were built by gilson, identifiable by the prefix GIL before the serial number. If the squires and attachments were built by simplicity then the attachments should work without modification.

If you have a Wards sold as a factory 12HP model, due to the lower numbers sold I would think that the tractor you have would be VERY rare. I could be mistaken on the numbers sold but the serviving tractors like this would be low.

quote:
Originally posted by D-17_Dave
If you have a Wards sold as a factory 12HP model, due to the lower numbers sold I would think that the tractor you have would be VERY rare. I could be mistaken on the numbers sold but the serviving tractors like this would be low.
the 2 wards squire tractors both have 12hp briggs engines and hydrostatic. i just pick theese up last night. ill have to get the model#'s off theese so i can get some more info ..thanks

Those Wards Gilsons are pretty decnt tractors that they made a whole bunch of various attachments for. Only thing I noticed about them over the years is they have a tendancy for the frames to crack and break on each side where the frame widens out between the driver and the engine.