Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Simplicity 700 progress

Chris727

Last year I picked up this Simplicity 700. http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=50586 I got it running and used it to areate and mow the yard this spring. It will outmow the 3410! It was still looking pretty sad and it had blown the head gasket a while back so about a month ago I pulled the motor to fix the leaks and did some painting while I was at it. I removed, sanblasted and painted 33 pieces.

Back together again.

Dad got the hood really slick

This is just a start. I have a better frame and some other parts I will begin to work on when I get time. I also have an original type starter generator to replace the newer one with the aluminum end cap. Most of the parts were painted with Duplicolor DE1607. The topside of the hood was painted with PPG omni which was computer matched to the DE1607. I had to use some glazing putty on some pits and a minor ding on the hood. It worked well. I had my Dad spray it with the gun because he's a better painter than I am, but I painted everything else. The steering wheel was one of the most time consuming pieces. It was badly cracked and I repaired it using JB Weld. I then painted it with Krylon fusion paint for plastics. Next part I will work on is making a new seat.

Yes Matt, Too many projects. I've had my B110 apart since june and as you can see in the background it is still in pieces. Since its my fall plowing tractor, I'd better get in a hurry on it.

Good job Chris, I never tried JB weld on a steering wheel. i have used stuff i got at the local parts store the name escapes me but it is for repairing rubber bumper covers, and is quite flexable and easy to work with, you mix it 50/50 like jb weld also it takes paint well