Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Wards

acken

Does anyone have pictures of Montgomery Wards Squire 10 they could share? I am trying to come up with missing decals on side of hood. Thanks.

Ken, I hope these are what you want.

The word "Squire" is 3&5/8 inches long and the lower case lettering is about 3/4 inch high. The red "10" is 1&3/8 inch tall and the zero is about 3/4 inche wide.

Let me know if you want these pics in a higher resolution and I can PM them to you.

Forgot to mention this tractor was bought new by my dad in 1966, the engine date code is october 65 if I remember right. I hope to resore it and repaint it in the future, so if you have these decals made I would possibly be interested in a set.

Nice clean original you have there. Is it safe to assume MW didn't use armrests like the AC counterpart? I see they also had a 9 HP version. I assume mine is 65 or older, as newer ones were made by Gilson.

This is the original seat still, so for this model they did not have arm rests like the B-10's. The owners manual Dad got with this tractor was for the Simplicity 101. I still have that and the factory envelope it all came in, although it has been mouse chewed on the edges some.

That was the same color gold that was on my 1963-4 Gardenmark squire deck. The tractor was orange and the deck gold. I wonder if the deck came off of a squire 10?? JH

Happy to share the pictures Matt. It is not often enough that I get to give back to this club, considering all the information I have taken from it over the years. This tractor is pretty much where it all started for me. Growing up with it, I have a lot of good memories associated with it. Here are a few more pics for you from the early 70's

Grinder Gus is a home fabricated chipper/shredder I need to overhaul and return to service if I can follow dads "engineering". It hasn't been used for a decade or two and need some new hammer/bars. That would be me on the step with my back to the camera.

Grinder Gus probably wouldn't pass OSHA inspectors. Way cool to have early pictures of tractor in use. Once again thanks for pics, I will refer to them when I get started on my MW.