Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Parts no longer available-HELP!

srwven

I am missing some parts for a 46"dozer blade/hitch that I just bought for my 916H. Two of these parts are no longer available. One is the control rod assembly (#1607472) which I think i can probably make. The other are the pin springs (#921469 replaced with #2821469) that hold the latch and spring for adjusting the blade angle. Could someone please take a picture of the latch on the push bar assy (mount) so I can try to make that as well? I will send you some fresh homeroasted specialty coffee for your troubles. Here is a picture of what I am tlking about-item #14

I just called my dealer last week on a control rod. He looked it up for a newer Sovereign and it was available but expensive $48.95. There is one on ebay now Starting bid $49.99 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=009&item=190032502820&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Thanks Maynard. I have the bracket for the control rod, just missing the control rod. I think that can be made without too much trouble, if I can't maybe I will try the newer sovereign route. The big thing for me are the pin springs, I don't know what they look like and how it functions with the latch to try and reproduce something similar.

quote:
Originally posted by UCD
The ebay sale is for the control rod and bracket
I saw that, thanks. My biggest problem is the pin springs. If anyone could take a picture or describe them to me I would be much obliged.

Levi is correct. 3/16 roll pins an inch long. I just went and looked at mine, I know the length is correct but they maybe 7/32 as I didn't have a caliper with me. Just a quick tape measure reading.

quote:
Originally posted by firefoxz1
Levi is correct. 3/16 roll pins an inch long. I just went and looked at mine, I know the length is correct but they maybe 7/32 as I didn't have a caliper with me. Just a quick tape measure reading.
Great, thanks. So the two rollpins go through the holes in the latch (#41)and into the cutout on the hitch? Then the spring connects to the latch?

Here's a post containing pics and dimensions for the control rod for angling the blade: http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=51018

quote:
Originally posted by PhanDad
Here's a post containing pics and dimensions for the control rod for angling the blade: http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=51018
Great! Thanks. PM me your address and you get some coffee for that. If anyone else would like to post pictures of the latch and spring pin setup on the hitch I'd be much obliged and willing to send some coffee your way as well! Thanks everyone!

Here's some pics of the roll pins and spring in the latch: Bottom view: [img]/club2/attach/phandad/BladeHitch_0001.jpg[/img] Middle/top view: [img]/club2/attach/phandad/BladeHitch_0004.jpg[/img] Nose view: [img]/club2/attach/phandad/BladeHitch_0007.jpg[/img]

Thanks a lot Bill. That helped tremendously. For about $20 I was able to make the control rod and fork from your previous post (compared to $50 for the control rod and another $20 for the fork). You have a pound of good coffee coming.