Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

odd tractor trying to date

Mrgoodwrench22

good evening gentlemen. i have a problem. I am trying to identify a montgomery wards mower.The model # is 2yj-1415a the engine is a tecumseh model# vh-100-149015. The odd thing is that the front axle is peeling it's yellow paint and showing an almost homolite blue color.All decals are m-w transaxle10. Please help. Don't know much about M-W I bleed AC orange. I currently have a 51 model WD a 55-CA a65 big ten 66 big ten and a 67 B-112.I enjoy the imformation and reading the responses to questions.Its lonely out here on the coast of N.C. no AC guy's near by that I can find. This site is my link to the outside world of orange.Thanks

as far as I know, all the Simplicity made wards tractors a golden or bronzeish color. What model Simp/Ac tractor does it look like? Elon

A little more info on machine. Front (hood&grill) flips foreward to acess engine. Battery is under seat acessible from rear of tractor .Has transaxle 3spd. If anyone could read engine no. (ie briggs-kohler) tohelp with aprox. year of manufacture I Would appreciate it. Again thanks.

Jeff, I was just through your area last month on vacation so don't fret, your not alone in NC. Sorry I can't help with your tractor brand any further than you know already. I don't recall any Simplicity or AC with a batt. under the seat or a Tec. engine. But good luck on it as it sounds very interesting.

You're not alone, I'm down in Wilmington and have a 4211 H in Wilmington and a 914H in Cape Carteret...... you not alone but it sure is hard to find old AC's in or area. Sometime wish I was in WI.... no after thinking about the snow, I'll go fishing in the ocan and go to the beach.... but then there are the Hurricanes...... Mike