Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
Killer_A-C

B1 voltage regulator

Ketchamized
Tom, Napa? Are these voltage regulators used in older automobiles? It looks like I'll have to check out the local NAPA store and see what they carry in terms of interchangeable tractor compotents.

Tom_Byrne
Erick, Yup, got it at NAPA! It's a Deco-Remy part, used in lots of different applications. As I recall, all I needed was part number. They had just sold the last one but got me another by the next day.

ReedS
While Tom is correct that it is a delco-remy and they were used in tons of applications, be careful to get the correct one for the starter/generator, as they are slightly different from the automotive 30 amp generator regulators. You need to watch your output from one of these s/g units as anything above 10 amps can lead to failure of the generator side of the unit. These units are not fan cooled and can build up heat rather quickly, I have one my shelf with a blue (heat discolored) armature due to an incorrect regulator (installed by a p/o) it looked like all the insulation was melted off the windings as well. Just my 2 cents.