Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
Bret4207

3412 Soverign

Bret4207
Got a 3412 out of the brush row at our local Simplicity dealers place for parts. Turns out it's in better shape than the A/C 312 I was going to use the parts on and the engine is a Briggs like on my Landlord. The Soverign has the Hydraulic lift too. My question is- should I be able to easily put the 12 hp Kohler off the 312 on the Soverign frame and use it without problems? The electric lift on the 312 is OK, but i understand the hydraulic is better. All implements should intercahange without problems, right? Thanks- Bret

MikeES
Most of your 300 series attachments will not easily fit. The 300 series was a right discharge deck instead of the 3212 left hand discharge and the mount is slightly wider. The rear attachments used an 1-1/8" sleeve hitch instead of the 3212 1". The 312 deck is driven off from the front of the engine while the 3212 is driven from the middle of the tractor. They can all be adapted.

Bret4207
Thanks Mike. After comparing them side by side I can see the differences. Too bad I can't use them easily as the 3212 starts and runs, just needs rings and a carb. The hydraulic lift works great, much nicer than the electric lift. I may transfer the lift to my other Landlord. At least I have a parts machine.