Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Third Simplicty

UCD

I just got home with this 7117 shuttle. My third Simplicity 7790, 7117s and 3212H the second RBT to join the other five FDT's B-110, HB-116 2 HB-212's and the 3212H

Very nice score there Maynard. I bet that twin runs that blower and deck really well. Looks like it'll make a nice addition to the fleet. Pretty soon you won't have any need to swap implements. Just get on another tractor.;) Just in time for leaf duty too.

Be careful Maynard, Rob, got a few of them RBT and now he likes them beter than his FDT[:0]:(! I'd hate to see you go that way:D Elon

Real nice looking tractor Maynard! I think you'll like the 7117. I will sugget one thing,since the KT17 is known for low oil capacity. Find an industrial KT17 or 19 and install the oil filter and oil cooled on your engine. That helps with oil temp problems and increases oil capacity by around 25%.The block already has the place to mount this and also has a port for an oil pressure gage tap. Otherwise, I've had my 17GTH for 5 years or so and it's done well mowing a couple acres,pushing snow and dirt and breaking sod for gardens. I think I have around 950hrs on it and going strong.

Clean machine. My next project is a new engine in my AC 917. I think the kt17 should work fine on flat ground. I heard that the problem is when they are on a slope. My kt17 has a blown motor. JH

Nice looking rig Maynard,You beat me by a couple of hours on that one. I Guess I'll have to pick up my leaves the old fashion way for another year:( Glad to see you got a new tractor,Thats a real nice setup !!

quote:
Originally posted by FastPaul
Nice looking rig Maynard,You beat me by a couple of hours on that one. I Guess I'll have to pick up my leaves the old fashon why for another year:( Glad to see you got a new tractor,Thats a real nice setup !!
Paul, let me guess, kids?:D:D:D

Paul I heard. This makes up for the one I had bought 2 years ago and was trying to set up a time to pick it up and got an email saying he sold it locally for more money after a price was agreed upon, so much for a gentleman's agreement.

Nice tractor setup UCD. I have a question about how the grass blower is driven. I assume that it is driven off of the rear pto pulley but does it have a clutch on it to turn it on and off? Just curious. Can we see a pic of this setup? I bet if you installed some Gator Blades under the deck, in combination with this blower unit that it would do and excellent job of mulching and collecting the fall leaves. Sure beats raking! Looks like you have a nice yard there too!:) Ryan:)

Thanks for the pic Maynard. I do have another question though. Im curious if the lower pulley is the pulley that is on the tractor, or if there is a belt that connects the lower pulley on the blower to a pulley on the tractor. Im attaching a modified picture of the original one you posted. Thanks, Ryan

Thanks Maynard those second two pictures made it very clear on how this blower is hooked upto the tractor. Id really like to get a blower/vac setup for my landlord. Now ill keep watching the auctions in the area till I find one. Ryan

Nice looking tractor..looks like it does a nice job with the leaves..I would like to get a set up like that with my Broadmoor..