Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

My 'new' 36" snowblower

Ketchamized

I just brought home a nice Allis 36" snowblower attachment. Everything's in really good shape and it moves freely and hooks up to my B-210 very nicely. It has 3 layers of paint on it, so apparently, the previous owners has put a lot of love into it. There is barely any rust on it, and the metal is very solid. This thing is built like a tank. Excellent... Got it for $75. and worth every penny. I'm looking forward to using it this winter. [img]/club2/attach/ketchamized/snowblower 1.jpg[/img] You can see there's a lot of dirt and paint on it. It looks like it was being stored under a tree. It turns freely, nonetheless. [img]/club2/attach/ketchamized/snowblower 2.jpg[/img] Closer view. It's pretty clean, pulleys doesn't have any rust, even comes with a brand new belt (hanging on the chute). The chute moves very easily. I'm really impressed with this beast. Eventually she'll have a fresh paint job, with the original Allis color and decals. Looking forward to that. For now, I'm happy as long as my driveway won't break my back this winter. :)

nice score! Still debating on one for my B-12.....the little experience i've had with single stage blowers (Bolens) hasn't been the best as i could never get it to work correctly. Either the tractor was too fast (chute plugging) or the snow was too wet (chute plugging) Anywhos, darn nice score, congrats!

Nice find! Looks like you will be ready for winter. They even threw in a green simplicity belt too... those are not cheap. What diameter pulley do you use off of the front of the crankshaft? I also have a 36" blower similar to yours but I am missing the crankshaft pulley and dont know what diameter will work best. Let it snow! Ryan

Thanks guys for the compliments. :) William, When I looked at the manual for this snowblower, one of the setup instructions was to coat the chute with oil. I can imagine that's probably why. How does your chute look? Any rust? Any dirt? Any bare metal showing? It would be my guess that the chute needs to be as slick as possible so that the snow doesn't stick in the inside of the chute on its way out. Ryan, Yep, Maynard's right. It's a 4 1/2" pulley. Since you had a similiar snowblower, thought you might like this link: http://www.simpletractors.com/operation/snow_thrower/single_belt.htm

Ryan, No problem. :) A pleasure. I found it by using the main search engine off the Simple Tractors front page. Apparently, that search engine runs seperately from the forum search engine. With that search engine, more results came up when I input the model number. Here's the main search engine: http://www.simpletractors.com/Main/search.htm