Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

New 914H owner

newcombdh

Hi, Just bought an 80's 914H tractor with tiller and mower on ebay. I was told these are about the best. I'll find out, I guess. I had to go 900 miles to pick it up. Never see any for sale in New Mexico. I had bought an Allis Chalmers B when I was 15 years old, had to sell it when the folks sold the place to move to town, so now in my old age I've got a little one. I'm new at this, also new to these forums. I was advised to check the Allis Chalmers Garden Tractor Club, and have already found some good info. I will need to do some work on the 48" mower, so may need some help. Hope to hear from some of you when I need your advise. Thanks Duane

Yes welcome....we have discussed 48" decks ad nauseum in the last few months so everything you need should be just a page or two deep. But feel free to ask questions....someone here will have the answers!!

Welcome to the club! Best $10 you'll spend. 900 miles, that's got me beat. My farthest jaunt so far is about 700 miles. Search the forums for 48 inch deck and I'm sure you'll find plenty of info.