Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Starter Drive Belt replacement on "67" 3012

roneil

Looking for info on how tough it is to replace the starter belt. Looks like the driveshaft coupling will have to come off for sure, but will I need to pull the engine forward to slip the belt through? Thanks, Bob

Once you unbolt the driveshaft from the engine you should be able to sqeeze the belt through with a little effort. At least thats the way I did mine. Be sure to put a rag or something to catch the washers and spacers when they come off to keep them from goung underneath the engine. Really not that bad of a job.

Thanks Guys, It happened at the end of the day after felling and cutting 8 trees. I just pushed it into the barn and hopped on here, I'm sure it will look easier in the morning.

Does't appear so.. Where would they normally be located, outboard of the brake? I've got an unused pto pulley which I always figured was reserved for a rear implement like a tiller.