Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

My first load...wooohooo

Simpleton7016

Picked all this stuff up today...from a couple different sources. The 716 6-speed runs great! Never been a Kohler guy, but that is mainly because I never owned one. But I will tell you what, it sure sounds tougher than the other two 16 horse Briggs that I run. Kind of like when someone puts a good cam in a hotrod....that blub, blub, blub sound is much deeper and just sounds 'tougher'. The wife already said I can't keep it, but I may keep it and trade out one of the others. I sure like the 7000 series better than the 7100, but I am already committed to converting the 912 to hydrolift. So either this or the 7016 have to go. Here are a few of the things I picked up and may sell as part of a "package deal" in the weeks to come. Need space before winter. The 716:

Under the hood:

Under the seat:

The 716 and a spare 712 front end:

A weird weight that is new to me:

A 42" snowthrower:

A vaccuum collector:

A nice 48" deck:

A whole bunch of manuals:

Some cab parts:

And frame parts that I already had and have derusted, converted and painted:

I think I got a good deal and will be parting with most of this stuff, but it wasn't the kind of deal that y'all get around here. I paid a lot more than "free". A whole lot more....but still a lot less than buying all this same stuff individually.

I'd say if you like it then you did alright. After seeing the rest of your haul it looks like maybe the weight would mount onto the rear bracket for the leaf blower adding weight for the snow blower. Might try that and see if the clevis's match up with the bolt holes in the bracket.

Wow thats a nice looking tractor..looks like a great haul to me..And yes, I never find the deals like other here..Well I take that back, I always find them after I have spent my money, LOL. Yes I also like the sound of the Kohlers..

Too funny Lloyd....I have actually been thinking about that myself! I already changed my username once....I hate to start over building my "good name". Maybe I will wait 'til I tick off the membership to change my alter ego. I saw a guy in one of the Yahoo forums with a cool username: "MywifecallsmeSanford". I like that!

Great haul, get a bigger barn, build a fence to hide things behind, keep all of that stuff. Demonstrate to the wife how useful all of the items are. JH

.its an investment, honey!... (except I still have everyone of my investments!) Some investments just take more time to grow in value. Get one of those " invest in presious metal" shirts from the gift shop to wear at home. However, if your gonna part with enough of them cab parts that I might have a good start on something for the B-112, please let me know, it's 20 degrees out this morning.

Thanks, i like it a lot, but it is going 'on the block' (e-bay) with a bunch of other stuff on Thursday. I will throw it in the classifieds later this week with the snowthrower, vac, snow cab and a bunch of other odds and end goodies that I have laying around. Time to clean out the shed and show my wife that I can make a few bucks on my hobby...instead of collecting, collecting, collecting.

I'll buy anything I can use. To help you out. I can also "hold" onto stuff that you can slowly bring back. Bit by bit so your wife doesn't notice. I have the space now in my shed.

quote:
Originally posted by mowerman1193
Wow thats a nice looking tractor.. looks like a great haul... I never find the deals like over here..
I agree, I usually find them first :D Nice Haul..