Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

need help with my new plow

perry

Normally if its a good one I ask around $175-$200 for one of those blades alone. The counterweight around $60 by itself. Been getting on Ebay an average of $150- $200 for the blades and $60-$80 for the weights.

It will fit your 2010 and yes it can be turned from the seat. What it is worth is totally upon what you are willing to pay. On ebay you could get $50.00 for that counter weight and I have seen those plows bring more than that in the winter. I myself paid more for one than the $175.00. Make sure if you do buy that you get the handle lever that isn`t pictured so that you can turn it from the seat. Also ask or look to see the cutting edge and make sure that it hasn`t been used to the point that someone let it cut half way thru the carriage bolts tht hold it on. Also these blade retail now for around $600.00 new.

Yes I think it is a bit high myself, although I see them go for that and + sometimes with out the weight..I guess that is your call to make..I don't see the angle rod there so you can turn it from the seat but it looks to be that style plow..I bought a plow with the angle lever missing from the local dealer for $100 and that was in December when he could have sold it easily..if that tells you anything..

Perry, In my opinion... The plow itself is worth $175, even more- since if you got it new, it'd cost more than that. Although the plow is old, the quality is fantastic and would work as good as a new one. But, in terms of supply/demand... There have been plows on ebay that sold for $50., but not with that rear weight. So, it's your call.

A complete new one would be in the $400-500 range, probably closer to 5... I've seen these go for $225 easily (without the tilt control arm), fly out of peoples hands. The rear weight is not complete, so I'd not think it would go for $60, it's only about 22 lbs the way it sits. If you want it for this winter, get it and don't wait. The work it will save you is easily made up QUICKLY.

thanks guys. i dont think he has the L-R arm. anybody have a picture of the factory turning rod set-up?. i told him i didnt have the money, and if he had another buyer, sell it. he said he will hold it for me so ill prombaly have to buy it this week or next i hope.

• 2 weeks later...
i just bought this plow and it doesent have the turn handle with it. any of you guys know where i can find some pics on how the handle mounts to plow & tractor. or is there a downloadable manual for this setup?. im guessing ill have to make my own turn hadle.
quote:
Originally posted by perry
[img]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l226/perry71/102_06151.jpg[/img] i have a chance to buy this plow & counter wieght for $175.00 is this the going rate? seems a bit high to me. also, does this look like it will fit on my landlord 2010? and does it look like this one has a L-R turn from seat?.thanks

Type in the number 990356 into the manual search here on the home page..That should show you enough to give you an idea..Last I knew the parts was still avalible from a dealer..But the rod was about $50+ and if you need the other parts that the rod hooks through your looking at close to $100..Thats why in my post before about this I said I wouldn't pay much more than $100 for a blade thats missing the rod...

I just made a control rod for my tractor for less than $25 including having someone weld the parts for me. See this post: http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=51018 New from the dealer, the control rod runs about $50 and the u-joint/fork that goes onto the plow is about $25. Not hard at all to make.

thanks guys for the info. ill check with my local dealer to see if they have a used one{i doubt it}. or ill make one my self. the link to the pics and measurements should help big time. i should have listen to mowerman. just seems winter is closing in and this was the closet spring trip plow i could find. the dealer had a used plow, but they wanted well over $200 for it.