Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
perry

updated pic of the beast{landlord}

perry
[img]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l226/perry71/sep06001.jpg[/img] got my new front tires on, and also got a chance today to try out my new to me plow. boy them front tires make a heck of a difference. now i need to get some matching rears. found some rears at tucker tire for $70.00 a pair. now i wonder if i will need tire chains to plow snow this year??.

mowerman1193
Nice looking tires..Bet they will not slip much in the snow.. You may not need chains..It depends on how clean you scrape the snow I think...I have read where people use ag tires with no chains..I tried it and was ok until I got a snow pack build-up..Then it was like I was on ice so on went the chains..I could do ok on flat ground but I have a fairly steep hill to get out of the barn and up to the main driveway..I don't like to scrape to low as I end up with a gravel yard instead of a gravel drive, LOL

Chris727
Looks like a good rig. Usually when using a moldboard plow, you only have duals on the landside. I would think the extra wheel on the other side would prevent the tractor from riding in the furrow as it should.

perry
yea i know. i just threw it on to stick it in the ground and test her out. i wont use it for real untill next year. i need to get my discing done and plant my cover crop before the snow flys.
quote:
Originally posted by Chris727
Looks like a good rig. Usually when using a moldboard plow, you only have duals on the landside. I would think the extra wheel on the other side would prevent the tractor from riding in the furrow as it should.

perry
its a front shock/fork from a honda spree scooter. they fit perfect, nice and snug into lift rod. i just have to drill a hole for pin in the fork rod so it will stay straight. i use this setup with a chain and hook to tow dead tractors around the yard. got the head lights from a nice original landlord 101 i found on ebay. payed a $100 for it. it runs like a champ also. heres a pic of the 101 sittin next to the allis i paid to much for. [img]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l226/perry71/gt1600001-1.jpg[/img]
quote:
Originally posted by firefoxz1
Nice original headlights and the tractor is not in bad shape either. I like your lift bar. Is it a bicycle fork?