Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

disc'in the garden

perry

[img]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l226/perry71/2010disc002.jpg[/img]another job well done from the landlord. 1 down 2 more gardens to go. planted rye in this one. i had no work today, so i got to play.

Perry, Does it make that much of a difference in traction with the double tires? Just curious... Considering doing the same for my B-210.

[img]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l226/perry71/sep06001.jpg[/img] so far theese duals have been great. lots of traction. i had a hard time steering so i had to buy a set of front lug tires. my steering promblom disapeared with the new tires. i highly recomend the front tires. but they are not easy on your lawn. i rarely use mine to mow. last spring i was using turf tires and had to put chains on to do my garden work. the duals where a good choice. also they give the old tractor a cool look. im working on buying 2 more matching rear lug tires. $70 at tucker tire ebay store.
quote:
Originally posted by Ketchamized
Perry, Does it make that much of a difference in traction with the double tires? Just curious... Considering doing the same for my B-210.
[img][/img]

Perry, I didn't realize that it'd make steering a little bit harder. Looking at the wider turn radius, it does make sense. Thanks for the tips. It gives me a very good reason to buy yet another tractor. :) Now I'll have to have one with duals for tilling/plowing/snowblowing and use the other with single tires for mowing/vaccuming/generator/leaf collecting. At any rate, your tractor looks like a real workhorse. :)