Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
perry

disc'in the garden

perry
[img]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l226/perry71/sep06001.jpg[/img] so far theese duals have been great. lots of traction. i had a hard time steering so i had to buy a set of front lug tires. my steering promblom disapeared with the new tires. i highly recomend the front tires. but they are not easy on your lawn. i rarely use mine to mow. last spring i was using turf tires and had to put chains on to do my garden work. the duals where a good choice. also they give the old tractor a cool look. im working on buying 2 more matching rear lug tires. $70 at tucker tire ebay store.
quote:
Originally posted by Ketchamized
Perry, Does it make that much of a difference in traction with the double tires? Just curious... Considering doing the same for my B-210.
[img][/img]

Ketchamized
Perry, I didn't realize that it'd make steering a little bit harder. Looking at the wider turn radius, it does make sense. Thanks for the tips. It gives me a very good reason to buy yet another tractor. :) Now I'll have to have one with duals for tilling/plowing/snowblowing and use the other with single tires for mowing/vaccuming/generator/leaf collecting. At any rate, your tractor looks like a real workhorse. :)