Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Ford LGT-125 Information

Roy

Friend of mine has a (shutter) Ford LGT-125 he wants to sell. Don't know much about it now but will find out shortly. Did some searching and found it has a Kohler 12 hp with the oil pan welded into the tube frame, is made by Jacobsen, and has a hydro transmission. Didn't find much else. So, some questions. Are Ford LGT's decent tractors? Is there much of a market for them? Assuming it runs OK what is a rough price range for one? (I know it could be anything from $0 up. Just Looking for some input.) From my viewpoint it isn't worth much but, who knows, people pay big bucks for Cub Cadets. Any information will be appreciated. Thanks,

[img]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l226/perry71/fordlgt001.jpg[/img] i have a 1973 ford lgt145{14HP kohler} hydrostatic w/ a 5ft mower deck. its my number 1 choice for mowing the lawn over all my other 10+ tractors i have. i have had it for about 10yrs. and i use it all year long. it pushes snow like a champ. real strong tractor. mine can be tempermental at times, well id just say plain old stubburn. but i just cant seem to give up on it. most of it could just be my lack of maintenace on it. i would double check on the oil pan being welded to the frame. i had mine out for a rebuild about 5 yrs ago, and it came right out, oil pan and all. should just be a regular old 12hp kohler. there is a ford tractor club on yahoo groups that has some good info. i am a member, ill have to get ya the link for the site. whats he asking for it. theese buggers can get up there in price. they where made by jacobson tractor co. ill help ya out the best i can...perry in MI

Your right Maynard, but the prices are starting to get into the same neighborhood. Since this past spring, prices on Fords have skyrocketed for some reason. I just saw an LGT hydro on eBay that was kinda rough sell for around $350! A year ago it probably would have sold for $150-$200 range. I picked up my late 60's Ford 100 with a dozer blade for $275, and I watched a few similar units go for anywhere from $350-$450. It's a good, well built tractor, I like it, but for overall use, availability of parts and attachments, and ease in repairs I'll take my Landlord any day. [IMG]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/TPBRigging/Picture005.jpg[/IMG]

I parted on out about 3 years ago and made a good profit and kept the motor and rear wheels for myself. The hydrolics sold really high and fast on ebay. Dan

"But it's not a Cub Cadet." Which is why I ask the question. Thanks to all for your input. I'm learning. Will update you when I find out more about the tractor. Looking forward to the link Perry.

hey roy, here is the ford garden tractor club. you may have to copy and paste it to your browser seach box. let me know if it dosent work. copy & paste this> Jacobsen_Ford_Garden_Tractors : Jacobsen_Ford_MM_Garden_Tractors
quote:
Originally posted by Roy
"But it's not a Cub Cadet." Which is why I ask the question. Thanks to all for your input. I'm learning. Will update you when I find out more about the tractor. Looking forward to the link Perry.