Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

advice needed

Brian313

I picked these up this weekend and not sure what I have, any advice would be aappreciated. I have a b-10 and a 2012(that I am restoring) so the plow and deck I know I can use. The b-112 has been setting for AT LEAST 15 years. More of a project that I than Im looking to get into. (maybe).So far everything that was siezed is freeing up easily. Looks like maybe a couple of side panels are all that is missing? And by the way, not ever coming across a good deal, this was a "get it out of my yard or the scrap man gets it" deal. Any advice or input is greatly appreciated in advance.

Worst problems seem to be normally that the carb and fuel tank are full of crud, rust, and goo. Good luck, it looks to be fairly orriginal and complete.

From what I can see in the pictures, it does seem that it's just the side covers that are missing. Despite of how rusty it looks, it's pretty solid and would out-perform today's tractors if you were to fix it up. If it's been sitting that long, you will want to take all the gas out of the tank, lines and carb. You'd want to change the spark plug, clean the carb and try to start it. If it won't start, you'd want to check the magneto and make sure the contacts aren't rusted. If it is, you'll have to clean that off. It's not that much work, if that's all you really want to do to it. If it gets to be too much, you can always bring it in a tractor repair shop. It'll still be a steal as opposed to buying a new tractor.

i wish I could run across some of those deals. The muffler alone is worth $50.00 if it is not rusted out. nice find give the girl a chance to live first with a little TLC. try what ketchamized suggesed first you might be suprised and here is a parts machine. http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/classDetail.asp?id=10359

if the motor is not shot,you could have that baby runnin in a little over an hour. pull the motor out, put it on the bench, pull the carb, and engine sheet metel. clean it all up, then bolt/screw it down to a bench top. hook up a plastic gas tank to it, and fire away. make sure tank is higher than engine. i like to bench test and adjust all my engines before i stuff them back in the tractor.