Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Adding snow cutting posts to 36" snow blower?

Ketchamized

Note the below attached picture: [img]/club2/attach/ketchamized/snowblower-working.jpg[/img] A friend of mine suggested that I add 'cutting posts' (note the posts on the above picture) so that the snow doesn't fall at the edges and create lumps of snow on a freshly cleaned area. Is this a good idea? Would it detract from the value of my snowblower if I were to do that?

I don't think they ever offered them for the new style blower. But the old style had them. I'm sure you could make them with flat stock with no problem. As for value, who know. Value is in the eye of the beholder. One may think it hurts and one may not. No real answer.

Heree what I did to one I had a few years ago. The 42" blower I just got for the ConQuest to replace the 36" I have been using is getting the same treatment. [img]http://img.clubphoto.com/jerboa/60239834/512/null/image.jpg[/img]

They are drift cutters to cut the side of the drifts tat atr higher than the blower so that it will fall for the next pass. The were available for all of the blowers I have used them off and on since buying my first 7016h new in 1974.

Well if the clumps of snow fall back in where you just cleared I don't think it's that big of a problem. Just gives you more tractor time having fun in the snow! :>) Best of luck...

drift cutters are great for attacking the pile that the plow leaves at the end of your driveway and also the occasional blizzard drift. Typically i get a lot of snow so at some point will be adding drift cutters to my blowers.

Guys, Thank you for the responses. I'll be adding drift cutters to my snowblower. Will do in such a fashion that it looks original. Thanks again. :)