Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
perry

help with old original head lights

perry
[img]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l226/perry71/sep06001.jpg[/img] whats the story on theese old buggers?. need some good ideas on what direction i should go. both headlights work with direct power to them. but both of the toggle switches on the rear of the lights are shot. do any of you know if i can replace the toggle switches with some aftermarket stuff and still look original?. or how about some good ideas to wire theese direct and use a headlight switch at the dash area without drilling any holes in the tractor. i need to get theese wired up and working, but would like to know how they where wired from the factory..thanks

perry
yea, i lucked out and got theese with a 101 i bought for $100 on ebay. hey thanks guys, great pics and info. this should be a big help since i was just a clueless wheel horse junky before i got my simplicitys.
quote:
Originally posted by Scott Salmons
I would just take them off and send them to me!!

Yes, Radio Shack is a place I'd start. I'd keep them with the switch as I believe the chrome lights are exactly correct for your landlord. From the pictures I believe the landlord was the model which had the chrome. I've never seen those on any of the later tractors except one... and I don't think they were an original installation... Someone suggested they may have been in a dealers backroom and installed years later.