Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

help with old original head lights

perry

[img]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l226/perry71/sep06001.jpg[/img] whats the story on theese old buggers?. need some good ideas on what direction i should go. both headlights work with direct power to them. but both of the toggle switches on the rear of the lights are shot. do any of you know if i can replace the toggle switches with some aftermarket stuff and still look original?. or how about some good ideas to wire theese direct and use a headlight switch at the dash area without drilling any holes in the tractor. i need to get theese wired up and working, but would like to know how they where wired from the factory..thanks

yea, i lucked out and got theese with a 101 i bought for $100 on ebay. hey thanks guys, great pics and info. this should be a big help since i was just a clueless wheel horse junky before i got my simplicitys.
quote:
Originally posted by Scott Salmons
I would just take them off and send them to me!!

Yes, Radio Shack is a place I'd start. I'd keep them with the switch as I believe the chrome lights are exactly correct for your landlord. From the pictures I believe the landlord was the model which had the chrome. I've never seen those on any of the later tractors except one... and I don't think they were an original installation... Someone suggested they may have been in a dealers backroom and installed years later.