Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Snow Blower for 712H

ac.d17iv

Greetings, I'm considering buying a 712H Allis Chalmers. What model of snowblowers fit? Does anyone else use a 712H with a blower..if so, how does it work? Thanks!

The model numbers that you are looking for are 1690033 and 1690032 I belive. Byt any of the 36 and 42 inch single belt blowers will work with the correct hitch. They do a excellent job.

I ran a 716 with a snowthrower last year. It operated remarkably! The chute never plugged once and the neighbors dog hated it! It takes a little effort to hook it up, but no more than a half hour or so. Just be sure to set up the skid shoes correctly....I scalped my lawn a few times before I realized what the problem was.

I have a 712 and have a blower that I bought without the hitch. I got a hitch that drives from the rear PTO but have no idea what belt length to use. Anyone know about this set up?? Dan aka IronPony

Somehow I recall that you need to modify and add an extra "tab" for your idler pulley. I am not exactly sure what this means, but I know it is discussed in the archives. I know there are plenty of front PTO's available out there and I can point you to a few of them if you want. I hear a lot of negatives about the "front pulley" set up, but I did not have any problems with it myself all last winter. I think this would be an easier option for you than the mod's.

I've never used a blower on a garden tractor. Do the chains make marks on the cement? Are there special tires that could be used so chains didn't have to be?

Dan, I have a manual clutch on mine...works pretty slick! As for tires, I don't know for sure. Yes, the chains do leave marks...especially on asphalt. I bought some AG tires with weights and will try that this winter....but I have the chains ready just in case. I will let you know after the first snowfall. :)

I heard the going rate is $150.00-$200.00 range. I had a snowblower that came with my 712H,that had been used maybe 2-3 times tops. I never used it,so I traded it for an 8HP Briggs.Chains don't leave marks on my concrete drive,but I try not to spin the tires.

I have said this before. I can plow better on my asphalt drive without chains than with. With the chains I spun more? If there is a layer of ice first then the chains go on. This spring I bought a blower (barely used)for my 7112H from my uncles estate (he had a 7116) so this winter will be the first, the drive is from the rear PTO.

Tom, can you post some pics of how your blower hooks up or just PM them to me. My email is howlanddm@yahoo.com THANKS! Dan aka IronPony

Hey IronPony - This thread says the correct part number for the 139" belt is P/N 1678241. http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=27191&SearchTerms=139,belt,

The trick to not spinning the wheels with chains is rear weight. You need at least close to the equivalent weight of the snowblower in wheel weights or hang on weights. My 712H with snowblower would easily spun the tires with chains (wouldn't even move without chains) up the slight incline at the top of the driveway (I wouldn't even think about taking it down the driveway as I wouldn't make it back up). But with wheel weights it can go anywhere without spinning the wheels.

quote:
Originally posted by ac.d17iv
How much would a snow blower cost in good condition with all the brackets for a 712H?
I dont know for the older front drive ones but will find out in a couple of weeks. When I get the 42" blower converted over to use on the Conquest I'm going to put the 36 on Ebay along with a front PTO setup I've been saving most of the year for this purpose. Blowers by themselves set up for the front PTO drive dont generally bring much by themselves because most buyers dont have the clutch to run them. I've always been curious to see what they would bring with the clutch included. I intend to find out.....

From what I've read on this site, it appears the 712H has 3 "live" power take-off points..front, center and rear. What point does a blower work on?

The blower should run off the front PTO. Really the center and rear PTO are 1 there is only 1 clutch, it just depends on how the belt is routed. I just had a 36" blower with hitch for a 716 on ebay and it only got the minimum bid of $25 so I would watch closely for a deal.