Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

48" Stripes

FastPaul

Well after a summer of crab grass that took over my lawn,Four weeks ago I power raked and sliced seeded the hole place! What a job:( My hard work has paid off. My lawn is starting to look good again ! Now in the spring I'll make sure I put crab grass preventer on the lawn, It's really amazing that a 1968 machine dose such a nice job.They really did a good job making these tractors,I guess thats why we all like(love) these tractors so much.I'd like to look 40 years into the future' I'll bet you coulden't find a 2006 tractor that slill ran ,Sad but probably true.:(

The lawn is looking good. If I used the 48" deck at my house I would only have 5 stripes, LOL, That's why I use the Broadmoor and a 36" deck (also more tractor time).

Nice looking lawn..I like to use my Broadmoor for mowing..I think they cut better than the Large frame tractors I have..I have 2 acres though and it does take a little longer..But also I find that it really isn't that much longer because they turn alot sharper and I don't have to jocky around stuff..

Nice pictures Paul...but now you have me thinking I did something wrond when I rebuilt my 48 inch deck. My stripes don't look nearly that defined. Are there any other secrets that I don't know about or and tweaks or adjustments I can make to get my lawn like that?

If you have the deck adjusted as per manual then you should be getting stripes..Also I think it may help to have the deck adjusted to cut high..as the taller grass will bend down easier than the shorter grass..I have seen yards that I can't get to stripe as good but I think it might be more to do with the angle of the stripes and the angle the sun hits the lawn..

Paul, looks great.....my stripes didnt become apparent untill I started using my 64LL. They are machines to be reconed with. Keep the pics coming!

Hi Great pictures and great tractor! Yep, I bet she will still be running 40 years into the future. Yes it is sad, 2006 tractors probably won't be around. I do think the 1900 series Agco Allis Garden tractors will still be running in the future. Take Care Jason B

Paul, what kind of slice seeder did you use? Have contemplated something along that line. Working my lawn to get the same results. Seeing pics of everyones striping keeps hope alive my lawn should look the same someday.:I Stopped by Lowes the other day, they have a roller kit to attach just to produce the stripes.