Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

new toy home

john-holcomb

I bought the item listed on e-bay as a wonderboy, and it appears that I have 725 with an excellent running md 19 briggs ... question? sn4217 I know I have been to a SN list on the site but I can't find it now, any help on the year. Tractor is in excellent mechanical condition and so/so in sheet metal. No I can't figure out how to post a picture My system is just a pain E-mail one no problem, post one> not hardly. Everyone take note; if I complain about no good buys on e-bay anymore- remind me that a good running Briggs 19 with a solid tractor wrapped around it for $51.00 is about as good as it gets.:D:D:DIts that old blind squirrel thing; every once and a while a nut just falls out of the sky and hits you in spite of yourself.

John: You're an ebay-Wizard! What a STEAL! Can you send us a link to the ebay auction? If there's pics on ebay, we could see them that way.... Peter

John, Sounds like a steal! I paid $50 for a mostly restored Allis B-210 a few weeks ago myself. Was very pleased... Sounds like you did well too. Got a link to the auction so we can see the pics? :)

The date is casted in the rear end under the 8'or10' pulley .look close it's not eazy to find but it's there .I'll post you some pics. later of one of mine

With that number I would say it is a 700 not a 725? All the 725's I have seen have a 5 digit SN.?? What is the model? 990???. If it is a 725 it would have to be a 61', well that's my $.02.

Try this link for the picture of the tractor. John http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=006&item=160031937770&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

I went and took a look. Nice 725! If anyone wants to go see, just get to the riding mowers catagory on ebay. On the left had margin under Options click on Completed Items and then click on Show Items. When the gazillion completed items come up enter Wonderboy in the Search and hit Enter. There it is. The only Wonderboy sold out of a gazillion completed items.

quote:
Originally posted by john-holcomb
Try this link for the picture of the tractor. John http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=006&item=160031937770&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1
AH HA!!! beat me out by $1.00 :( Good score though!!

After a much closer look sitting side by my 725 me new toy is for sure a 700. I didn't relize how many differences there were. Maybe because I don't see many of either. Now what do I do? I was going to take the excellent engine and drive train and put it into the 725, sell the 725 sheetmetal [whitch us excellent]the late modlel 10 HP and all the extra parts and have an excellent but not pretty tractor for the garden. I really think these older tractors work much better in the garden at all jobs. What they lack in HP they make up in traction, ground clearance, and turning radius. Now, what to do? Save both? make one great little farm tractor and sell the parts? or trade both for a good user to someone who wants to restore them? Or who knows I sill have that 2110 with the Hydro lift just sitting and the barn is out of room. I guess I'm open to advice, suggestions and offers. Puzzled JW

quote:
Originally posted by FastPaul
The date is casted in the rear end under the 8'or10' pulley .look close it's not eazy to find but it's there .I'll post you some pics. later of one of mine
Sorry it took so long This Is the R/E out of my B-1

The date is in the black circle

Sorry John, with a deal like that the only choice you really have is to keep it and the the 725, make 'em both look decent and have a pair of hard working sweethearts. I find my 7.25hp 725 plows 7 inches deep and tills below the shaft just fine. Maybe it's the air up here that makes mine pull so hard : )