Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Htich Opinions Please

Boney

Has anyone ever used one of these? Likes or Dislikes about them? Thinking of getting one for my 725. [img]/club2/attach/boney/hitch.jpg[/img]

Here's one I made for my B-208. Hope you can make it out. I use it to pull my old gray trailer from back by my shed to my driveway to hook it to my Jeep.

I wouldn't want to put too much tongue weight on it, but it works just fine. If you need more photos, let me know.

i have one on my 637. i think it was money very well spent. highly recommend them. i park my trailer in my back yard, and i have my lawn dump cart i use. as often as i move both, it beats having to take the ball on and off.

I am also very interested in one of these. It would solve several problems I am having. So where can you purchase one? Ricks..........

My Wheel horse C145 had a ball mounted on the draw bar hitch..Someone just drilled a hole about a inch in from the hole in the draw bar hole and mounted a ball to it..I took it off as the tractor wouldn't go down the highway fast enough anyway :D:D Maybe it needs a road gear :D

I have one on my quad. It works fairly well. Except that it has rotated a couple times. I cranked it down well, but I guess not well enough.

Mine was rotating too, so I added an angled piece to make a triangle to brace it. See the photo above. By the way, has anyone seen a trailer like my gray one? It's supposedly a Sears from the late 50's. The guy I got it from said it was a 3/4 ton. I don't think I'll ever test that. He had a guttering business in the late 50's (His daughter works at the license branch, and told me this when I titled it.) If you look in front of the fender, you can see a rod that goes vertically, then a triangle facing the rear. This rotates out, and there's also one behind the fender. This is so you can lay a board across them to work from. These are on both sides. I have no idea if it came this way, but it's kind of neat. I only paid 50 dollars for it, and it'll last my lifetime. Just thought I'd ask if anyone else had seen one. I'd be curious to know any more about it. Thanks!

I just thought of something. That last reply wasn't about tractors. If it needs moved, so be it. I do haul my tractor in it though. Didn't mean to sneak one in.

Skot, I have a reinforced agri-fab trailer with tires that came off a Craftsman tractor. It holds only 1,200 lbs. & I bought it on ebay for $20.00- (Trailer is in great shape, but tires were flat. I had to put on rear tires from a Craftsman tractor on it.) While my agri-fab trailer looks good and works good, it will not last me a lifetime. So, I have to say your trailer is definitely heavy-duty and will last you a lifetime for certain. It's a fantastic buy, and a very nice looking trailer. Hold on to it. :)

I found this one at The Tractor Supply $30 http://www.mytscstore.com/detail.asp?pcID=9&paID=1000&sonID=81&productID=18583&zz=01075 Sears $26 http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?pid=07129826000&vertical=AUTO&BV_UseBVCookie=Yes

Thanks! When I moved 5 years ago, that thing made many trips with our stuff in it! When I got it, the tires had to be the originals. The tread was probably 4 inches wide, and they were terribly weather cracked. My father-in-law works at a tire dealer and got me some take off tires from a van for free. I built the rails and added lights. Tows nice and straight. I'm real happy with it, but my wife thinks it's ugly. Oh well! Ugly but functional, just like me.

quote:
Originally posted by 4xbill
I have one on my quad. It works fairly well. Except that it has rotated a couple times. I cranked it down well, but I guess not well enough.
i havn't had a problem at all with mine rotating.