Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
DBlock

Interlock module on Agco/Allis 918H

DBlock
I am having trouble with the interlock module on my 918 garden tractor. I blew one and replaced it and it only lasted about 15 minutes before it blew out also. Any ideas as to why this happening. I was told one remedy was to disconnect all the safety switches but I really didn't want to do that. Thanx!!!!

DBlock
It is located behind the battery under the dash and is a small bakelite box ( 1" square with two bolt holes , one on each side) with 5 wires coming out of it. Two wire are used as a shunt and the other four I assume go to the safety switches. It has a 6 prong plug. Agco/Allis #1707755.

JeffNemes
Well - as you can see I have had no problems with these yet and there are no bulletins on it. The safety module has been used on the 18 HP Soverein series since it was made. There may be some wire or component grounding out somewhere - especially if it has beed working fine up untill now and all of a sudden you are having a problem. Is all else functioning properly? Battery OK? Charging OK? Did it run OK untill you shut it off or did it stop by itself? Did the module show signs of being burned?

DBlock
Everything was O.K. It just quit running and the module was burned and smoke came out of it. I've got an electrical schematic, so I will be looking at that to see if I can find any other components that may be faulty or show some damage as well.[A href='`']`[/a]

DBlock
A buddy of mine is somewhat of an electrical genius and with help of a schematic he narrowed the problem down to the voltage regulated/rectifier. I replaced the interlock module, main circuit braker and the voltage regulater rectifier. Problem solved. Thanks for your help!!!!!!