Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
Scott Salmons

Help Maynard

ReedS
Feel free to correct me but I believe the problem is in the picture file title, I'd try renaming the picture file making sure that there are no symbols in the title such as %,&,( or ). For some reason the forum program doesn't like symbols in the picture file titles.

johnmonkey
Other symbols are (_ - + &%$#@!",./?) There is a sticky at the top of the page that gets in to detail. I think I correctly attached it. [url]Sticky: How to UP-Load Pictures to Forums [/url] Good luck JH

Ketchamized
Scott, The forums seems to be fussy about file names. It's probably that way because the server is most likely Unix based. I'd try two things: 1)Make sure your picture is 400x400 or smaller. 2)Make sure your file name only has numbers or letters in the file name. There should be no parathesis, no extra dots, no symbols, etc. 3)There should be no spaces. Examples of a good file name: tractor.jpg tractor1.jpg snowthrowera.jpg showthrowerb.jpg The pictures should be in any one of the following formats: .jpg (most common) .jpeg (common for pictures) .gif (Mostly used with graphics, but pictures work ok) .bmp (second most common, lesser quality) .tif (not that common, but works fine)

HubbardRA
Scott, Remove the parenthesis, and the spaces from the picture name and upload it again. It should then post fine. Go back to your initial post, edit it and re-upload the picture.