Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
Simpleton7016

relief valve suspicions

Simpleton7016
These relief valves from the 7117 sure don't look like tho one from the pictures in the archives. Am I missing anything? I pulled these out of the 7117 myself, so I know they are original. Did I miss grabbing anything? Or is there anything else I should watch for when connecting these?

Thanks in advance.

HubbardRA
Erik, Unless there is supposed to be another picture, the one posted does not show a relief valve. You show the two line connections which would go into the holes when you remove the plugs. The relief valve is under the plug/cap that facing us in the picture. If you have the parts from another tractor, you will need to replace the spring in that valve with the stiffer one from the other tractor, and any shims that were also with it. The spring from this valve needs to go in the cavity on the side with another valve and cap. See the picture below.