Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

relief valve suspicions

Simpleton7016

These relief valves from the 7117 sure don't look like tho one from the pictures in the archives. Am I missing anything? I pulled these out of the 7117 myself, so I know they are original. Did I miss grabbing anything? Or is there anything else I should watch for when connecting these?

Thanks in advance.

Erik, Unless there is supposed to be another picture, the one posted does not show a relief valve. You show the two line connections which would go into the holes when you remove the plugs. The relief valve is under the plug/cap that facing us in the picture. If you have the parts from another tractor, you will need to replace the spring in that valve with the stiffer one from the other tractor, and any shims that were also with it. The spring from this valve needs to go in the cavity on the side with another valve and cap. See the picture below.

If you guys could not tell from the drawing in my post, close-up view in Mike's post shows where they are located.