Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

A gathering

BLT

Here is the fleet. All work OK except Sunstar which needs to come out for a head gasket and chase down an little pesky oil leak. What you see left to right is the Sunstar, DA 917 (repowered with 16 HP , AC 912 (7116 with new sheet metal), Simp 3112 (with 16 HP briggs), Simp 5010, Jim Dandy and John Deere 60. The 917, 912 and 3112 all run with Briggs CI 16 HP engines. Fifteen years ago when I got 7010, my ambition was to repower it with a 16 HP engine. I now have two repowers and the 7010 chugs away with its original engine.

Good looking fleet, Bob. Gotta get my 16 Hp B/S running and on a tractor. Everybody seems to have or want one. I need to see why. LOL

Like your tractors Bob. Would like to find one of them JD 60"s, just because they remind me of the JD 'G" farm tractors, tough looking.

Rod - As far as me having the 16HP engine, it has been a phobia, I just have to have one. If I see one at an auction, I will go for it. Marty JD 60's are around, how many I don't know. About 28000 total were built on their production run 40 years ago. Roy, no matter how you sweet talk, the Jim Dandy stays.:D:D:D

Very nice Bob, are they arranged in any kind of order? Like most favorite to least favorite....starting from left to right of course!