Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Plowing

jdm

Has anyone built an onland hitch for a single bottom plow for a garden tractor? This means not having to drive in the furrow to plow. I have a plan and material to do this. Just wondering if anyone has done this allready. As it is I need to put a narrower tire on the furrow side to plow to my satisfaction and I don't like sitting on the opposite fender while plowing. Thanks for any input. Jim

Do you have a pic' of this set up ? as far as sitting on the fender,i've been wonder if thats why the steering is set up left of center on my powerking, or if its just a design thing.

quote:
Originally posted by Mick14
Do you have a pic' of this set up ? as far as sitting on the fender,i've been wonder if thats why the steering is set up left of center on my powerking, or if its just a design thing.
The steering on your Power King/Economy tractor is set up on the side for the ease of manufacture. It was just the simplest way to get the linkage to work with the room they had. BTW, I have a 64 model my grandfather bought new and I have many-many hrs on that tractor.

I'm somewhat dissappointed. I said I have a plan and material. I'm not saying it will work. My efforts may be for naught. That is why I'm asking. This site has some of the greatest minds in little tractordom. Surely someone has thought along these lines before.