Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  

Checked your oil lately and serviced your machine?

Just a reminder to get out and service those machines! I'm just thinking how bad I've been lately. With my luck, I've let the oil run down on some of my favorite machines...

MisterB
I've already started the maint process and winterizing. Every weekend I manage to find time to complete some minor tasks (grease, oil change, plugs, etc.) I've found that I end up doing more shoveling than snowblowing if I procrastinate. :(

Bunky
I think this is a Task thats put off by many and I'm just as guilty, I need to service the 2 machines I'm gonna use this winter. and maybe over the winter I can get the others serviced...

SmilinSam
I brought the ConQuest in the shop yesterday for winter prep. Got the Cab frme installed last night. Have yo get the blowers out and switch from the 36 to the 42. After all the hardware is setup I'll change the oil. the Case probably wont need an oil change as the engine I put in it uses enough oil it wil get a steady supply of fresh with each use.:D

rsnik
I am new to Simplicity tractors after buying a running 717 and an outstanding 728 that had just thrown a rod. I am in awe at the engineering thought that went into keeping everything simple and yet more effective. I was surprised, though, that the clutch is in way of the oil drain hole so you can't add a length of pipe extension like I do on my el cheapo Murray etc. I made a quick gadget out of a clorox bottle but you have to hold it and can't just place a container under the spigot and go do something else for 10 minutes. When I get around to it I am going to attach a nipple to a length of hose. I find if I have oil on hand, a hands free/hassle free draining method and a ready used oil storage container I change the oil way more often on all the machines. rsnik