Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
The_Newbee

Bevel Gear Boxes

The_Newbee
I finally got to work in the garage this weekend on the orange projects I picked up in August. There are 2 3210 Landlords and 1 3012 Sovereign. Still don't know what's all there, and what's not, but every bevel gear box has been taken apart and all are missing the drive and driven shafts (possibly other parts as well). My question; order the parts and rebuilt, or look for someone parting out? The cases and gears look ok.

D-17_Dave
A lot would depend on what you intend to do with these tractors. If you were to keep them I would say that I would go to whatever exspence that were needed to fix them properly so you knew what to exspect out of them later. Keep in mind the gearboxs were some trouble so finding a good one on a used machine some 30 plus years may be tough. But most were bad due to neglect and a severe lack of maintanance.

Mike
I never seem to have the 200 around for all new parts when one needs to be rebuilt. So I lurk around for used ones, Just picked up one on ebay for around 70 with shipping,and last time I bought a whole hydro rear end with bgb for 90, a new input shaft alone is about 30 plus shipping....I try and keep a decent spare around.........