Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

variable speed diff problems

Mrgoodwrench22

Does any one know if there is a standard rear diff that will replace the variable diff that is currently in my B-112. I have had it,I have adjusted until my hands hurt and it still slips.I am a heavy equipment mechanic by trade and this little box has annoyed me for the last time. I have several B-10 rears but am not sure of exact fit.I would rather do an inframe on a 1200hp V-12 cat than keep messing with this little box(currently doing inframe job) As always any help would be appreciated.

I have the Same issue and I was told you can take off the Variable pulleys and just install regular pulley's and it will work..

This is on my wife's puller 3410. I was a standard three speed, but the tranny was apart when I got it. I put a variable in, but took the veri pulleys out. I used the old pulleys from the three speed on it and it works just fine. [img]/club2/attach/ehertzfeld/veriable.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/ehertzfeld/veriable2.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/ehertzfeld/veriable3.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/ehertzfeld/veriable4.jpg[/img]

When you say "standard rear diff" Are you talking about the differential on the RH rear axle tube/hub or are you talking about trying to adjust the variable speed pulleys?

I'm talking about the unit with the input shaft that is belt drive from the BGB.I like the variable speed but I work this tractor in close quarters inside my rabbit barn removing droppings not much use there with a blade full of poop.I am to the point of having one implement per machine.I mow with a B-10, till with another B-10 and push stuff with the 112. If I can just switch pulleys and do away with the slipping I'm changing pulleys I have plenty of them. Thanks for the info.

Our pulling tractor had a vari-drive system (3415V) and it NEVER slipped. The tractor would kill or spin the tires but never slip the belt. It did however absorp too much hp. We changed to straight pulleys.