Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Gas tank repair

FastPaul

Has anyone used JB weld on a leaky gas tank? I'm trying it in a pinch, when I got one of my tractors out today the tank started leaking and i don't have a spare tank, Any suggestions?? Thanks

My uncle used it on a old Wheel Horse a couple years ago and its still holding gas..so must be it works well..I know he took it off and cleaned the area real well..His was just a pin hole where the holding strap must have worn a spot through

I would try and solder it.. I used to use those Gas tank patch kits with the Fiberglass resin and never had any problems but the last one I used only lasted 6 months... I have heard of people using JB weld but I would make sure it's clean and make sure you let it cure good before using...

Fastpaul, I have an extra tank that came off an Allis B-210. It's a metal gas tank, in very good shape. If you're interested in it, PM me.

Well the JB weld seemed to work for now till I find another tank .Thanks for the offer Erick but mabey I'll find one at the Colchester Ct. show this weekend ;)

Fastpaul, Sure thing. :) If the show doesn't work out for you, I'll be happy to give it to you. The only thing I'd ask is a few bucks for shipping. Good luck in your search at the show. :)