Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

"One implement per machine..."

andy gartner

quote:
Originally posted by Mrgoodwrench22
I am to the point of having one implement per machine.I mow with a B-10, till with another B-10 and push stuff with the B112.
Now there's a thought. That's how we operate here too! Same with the Simplicity 085 dump carts. One cart for hauling coal and wood. Another cart for picking-up Harley chicks at Starbucks :D

I used to have Tractors set up each with a Different Attachment but my Barn got fulll and I couldn't move around, but that's a good Idea if you have room, I somewhat do that now 1 tractor to mow and Allis I leave the Grader blade on.....

Well Andy, the wife won't let me pick up any chicks so I only need the one 085 cart. There's nothing to hold you back.. so like Andy said, Go Andy go!

Well, storage considerations aside, the one implement per unit does quicken the chase. Whether after grass, snow, chicks, or whatever. Late this AM a storm front was scheduled to pass thru, and I HAD to cut the grass. It didn't hurt having the 4208 with mounted deck, ready to rumble...finished in the rain. If it snows tonight, the 63 Landlord with chains and blade still mounted, is ready to have at it. A

quote:
Originally posted by andy gartner
Well, storage considerations aside, the one implement per unit does quicken the chase. Whether after grass, snow, chicks, or whatever. Late this AM a storm front was scheduled to pass thru, and I HAD to cut the grass. It didn't hurt having the 4210 with mounted deck, ready to rumble...finished in the rain. If it snows tonight, the 63 Landlord with chains and blade still mounted, is ready to have at it. A
I do the same thing...I leave the blade or blower on the 728 and the 5010 just has a mower deck on it..and if I need to use the grader blade I just use the 5010 and service deck while its off, LOL Thats why I like the smaller tractors..I can fit more of them garage,:D:D

Doesnt everybody leave the implements on each tractor? 1 b1 with grader blade,1 b1 narrow front for joy riding,2 Wonderboy 700's with tillers(don't know why but to much work to take 1 off) 1 7116 with lawn mower,1 3212 with 42 inch mower deck,1 Wonderboy for lawn cart, 1 3112h for sickle mower,1 3112 now 3116 with snow blower, Just have not decided what tractor will get the next snow blower.And all those walk behinds with all different pieces on them.I guess I have to many tractors.Bob

I don't have a tractor for each implement, "yet". I set mine up by season. Basically I have a summertime setup of implements per tractor and a winter setup for the tractors. Seems to work pretty well so far.