Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
mowerman1193

rear counter (stinger) weight??

mowerman1193
I have recently read several comments about the rear weight not being all there if it didn't have the collar/dounut weights on it.. Does anyone know if these was sold as a kit with the collar/dounut weights?? I always thought that the stinger part was the weight and if you needed more you could buy/add up to two collar/dounuts..With the recent discussions I am wondering if my assumption is wrong..Maybe these was sold with the collars/dounuts as a kit??

Bunky
Well I guess I always assumed they were seperate items, all the ones I have had over the years had seperate part numbers so I assumed they were seperat parts and you can use the donuts on other weights and stuff...

Boney
The stinger weight is nice until you need the weight and the rear attachement. I ran accross this problem using a mold board plow.....I plow without weights until I figure out how to make some wheel weights. The stinger is nice for using the snow blade.

dirtsaver
Kevin try looking in the Simple Tractors pages that show the tractors and options. If I remember right the"stinger"as people call it listed as "rear counterweight" and is one option.The "doughnut weight" is another option. I only have the stinger and do fine plowing snow. Of course I use two sets of wheel weights,Ag tires and chains!!! Remember the stinger(or front counterweight for that matter)are to counter balance the weight of the implement you are using to make it easier to lift,not to add weight for traction.

mowerman1193
quote:
Originally posted by dirtsaver
Kevin try looking in the Simple Tractors pages that show the tractors and options. If I remember right the"stinger"as people call it listed as "rear counterweight" and is one option.The "doughnut weight" is another option. I only have the stinger and do fine plowing snow. Of course I use two sets of wheel weights,Ag tires and chains!!! Remember the stinger(or front counterweight for that matter)are to counter balance the weight of the implement you are using to make it easier to lift,not to add weight for traction.
Yes I know what they are as I have had several in the past..I sold all of my large frame tractors and just sold my last rear counter/stinger weight not long ago..I was just worried that I may have misled the buyers..As they was under the impression that it had to have the collars on it to be functional and complete..I think they was just trying to talk me outa my collars that I use on my rear weight for the Broadmoors