Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
lboy1971

Didn't want to but had to...

lboy1971
I've been doing a decent job the past month or so of thinning my collecton down from the peak of about 110 riders early this spring. Managed to sell off a few 60's and 70's Sears, Powermax 9020 plus many MTD types. Alot of people in the area have been talking about my eyesore and "dump". Anyway today I came across this 101 simplicity with attachments and just couldn't resist picking it up. It wasn't free or dirt cheap but couldn't pass it up.

dirtsaver
Man Lloyd that carry-all looks darn near perfect! The belly blade shows use but still looks good for another 40 years. I'm guessing the tractor runs so you did real good!

lboy1971
The tractor runs but suffers from dead battery syndrome. The guy did jump start it for me and it ran pretty good. Both front lights and rear work light are good. According to the gauge the generator works and the lights were operating so just might need a new battery. The carryall box is in good shape. No major dents or rust. Just some slight surface rust here and there. The edges on the grader blade are both in very good shape. I don't think it seen alot of use. It also has the smaller diameter rear wheel weights that fit inside the dish on the rim. I didn't get a mower deck of the hitch for the snowblower, but I have plenty of those anyway. My plans are to put a deck on the tractor then sell the carryall box,grader blade,wheel weights and probably the light bar,all 3 lights and wiring.

Simplicity314
You're right about the box...I scored one cheap, and it wasn't in the best of shape, but I know it could be a while, if ever, a nice one would ever come along. And one man's eyesore is another man's thing of beauty. Are you sure the neighbors weren't talking about the guy across the road with the Lincon???

lboy1971
Actually the Lincoln is/was ours. That's our side of the street. The neighbors across the road are real good neighbors though. The Lincoln has a good running 460 V8. It was my dad's but hadn't been driven much the past 10 years, just sat in the sheds. I just sold it on ebay this morning for $255 to a guy that's planning on restoring it. The carry-all box is in good shape. Not all dented up or rusted through anywhere. Just some light surface rust here and there that would be easy to clean up. I am planning on selling it but don't know what to ask so if anyone is interested make an offer otherwise it'll end up on ebay and who knows what it'll go for there. The simplicity ID sticker is still on and shows a 990274 part number.