Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

My Roper vs. Tall Grass (Part 1)

MarksA-C

I first have to say sorry. The picture had to be scanned (Dont have a digital Camra)so they are bigger. May take a minute to load. My Roper is a 8hp, pull start. No Electronics. It has a 36inch(?) right discharge deck on it and it has always started up and ran with no problems. This tractor has been here ever sense my GodFather died and we got his cabin. [IMG]http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m290/mccarronm04/Roper1-1.jpg[/IMG] Going for another pass. [IMG]http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m290/mccarronm04/Roper2-1.jpg[/IMG] Sorry again for the size. Next you'll see me with this... [IMG]http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m290/mccarronm04/779020Diesel202.jpg[/IMG] What do you think??? Have Fun!!!:D

I was wondering where you were hiding all these machines! i thought maybe you had underground storage at your place there in West Allis! Now I see.....you've got a place up north to hide all these treasures!8D

I was thinking the same thing Erik. And I know exactly where Mark lives. I used to live 3 blocks up Lincoln from him. Just across the freeway. No big fields around there. Tom

Tom, you lived that close, darn. I wish I met you before you moved farther away. And No, I dont have a Secret Underground Hiding Spot...Or do I??? And as I said Erik, If I ever get my 7790 home I'll let you drive it. Mabey even you too Tom! But that won't be for 1-2 years. And I am still looking for a small tractor for me to have fun with here in West Allis because I think that 7790 is a little too big for a tiny yard. All I own here in West allis is my 610lt now. Up at my cabin I also have a B-10 but it doesnt have a engine or front wheels. I got it from a farmer for $50 and a 12pk (my dad bought the Miller), It was a "Started Restoration" but he never finished. So, Final Tally is... [Up at cabin.]- One Roper 8, a Sunstar w/ cutting deck and Blade(Lost somewhere in one of our 2 small "fields"), and a unfinished B-10 and soon a 7790-D. [At home]- A cruddy A/C 610Lt and snowblower attachment, and a wheel horse (just got from a friend). [At gramcrackers (Grandmas) House]- Yet another wheel horse found at Police auction. Thats it for now.

Mark, That was about 7 years ago. I lived there for about two years before I met my wife. I still work out of Wauwatosa and drive up Hwy 100 all the time. Tom

That Roper looks like it is handling the tall stuff pretty well Mark. Thanks for sharing it with us! How do you lose a Sunstar in a small field??

Instead of "Where's Waldo?" it's "Where's Sunstar?" Put one of those orange bike poles and flags on it when you find it, then it won't happen again! Teehee.... Love the pics. That Roper is sure handling that tall grass.

The thing is, It ran out of gas and my dad any I were going to leave for home really soon. So I threw a tarp over it and the tarp is a old War Camo Canvas. Plus the grass in the other field is like 4-5 feet tall. Well, its not really a field, but its a old spot my older brother and I cleared out for a camping spot. About 50 yards on a grass trail to a small Field size camp area. I think its there, hidden. The only way I can get through 4-5 foot tall stuff is to use our HUGE wheeled weed-wacker, But the bearing in it blew and we still havent gotten it back from the Sear Repair place yet. Fehwwww, long winded there. The Sunstar will probably be sunk in the mud and I might have to make the path bigger so our neighbor (either Garry Yocauski or the Morrises)get in thier tractor. It most likelly will be a Allis-Chalmers, that all they have!! I'll remember to get pictures of the pulling of the Sunstar. With the 7790, I won't need the Sunstar as much. So it might be up on the Club Classifieds and Craigslist in a year or two. Our Sunstar looked like this, with a Kohler 18hp(?). [IMG]http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m290/mccarronm04/rtadussacpti1ai30751ldiro333sv0a300.jpg[/IMG] Have fun!!