Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Fair Value?

christopher

Sounds like a deal to me! If the catcher does not have a cart is there a vertical bad hanging directly behind the seat on a platform about 6" above the ground? Where did you say it was located - Michigan?

Yes, it is in Michigan, only a few miles from my house. I also found there was a Simplicity dealer here when they were selling these old tractors. that should increase the numbers of them around here. Thanks for the reply Jeff. I am going to look at it again today. I think I talked my wife into letting me get a 2nd tractor. chris

I got a closer look at the tractor today. This turns out to be a hodgepodge collection. the tractor is a little rough in places but i think it seem sound. It has been welded in significant amounts, especially on the rear hitch member. It is a model 990314. I believe from the charts on the website that it was made approx. 1963. The vaccum is all there but it does need some TLC, the bracket on the discharge hose is broke(minor). The one deck I could get a number off of was 1690272, Made in 1981? the snowblower came from somewhere else and has not been used in some time, one end has been reinforced with a steel plate. I am wondering if this is still worth $500 in this condition?? P.S. After looking at this tractor today I stumbled on an Allis with a plow blade and tire chains, but no hood. going back to look at it tomorrow

I know this gets posted a lot but I was wondering about the value of a unit I saw today. I think it is a mid 60's Simplicity, It was too cold to look close for numbers, the motor has recently been rebuilt. The tractor looks in fair condition, it comes with two mower decks, 42" and 48',I believe. it has two extra sets of wheels/tires, a 48" snowblower( much newer it has a electric motor control for the chute) and , this is what I really wonder about the value of, a vaccum collector with all hoses and bag, it is not the trailer type. They are asking $500 dollars for everything. I wanted to look it over better and get numbers, but I was on my way to work. Any opinions or advice would be appreciated. I would just love to add this to my 2210. two tractors would start to make a collection. Thanks again, Chris

Well, I got it for $400 today. The catcher has a plastic hood for the deck and a flexible hose to the blower and up to the top of the bag. There is a post with a square ring that the bag hangs over, there is a seperate canvas and mesh top that goes around the discharge hose and over the bag. Does anybody know if these used a rear PTO like the tillers or were they a direct drive off the pulley on the bevel gear box? There are no numbers on the snowblower. It is a simplicity blower. It does have the electric chute control, I wonder if this is an '81 model like the 48" mower deck. I think the snowblower will work on my tractors but I may need to put a larger pulley on the tractor. The smaller mower deck is in rough shape, if nothing else i can use it for parts on my other deck. If the larger deck cannot fit under my tractors I may try to sell it.

The bagger sounds like the mounted bagger. This was made for the tractors starting in 1972 with the cone clutch PTO. The belt for the blower attaches to the same pulley that the rototiller does. You make it work on the older ones (I have) either start the tractor and the bagger blower runs or make a hand clutch (belt tightener) for the blower. These baggers work great! You will really like it, and if you have trees, this works much better than the pull behind trailer bagger. Parts are still available for these baggers. Mike

That would make it a 63-64 9 HP Landlord, the first of the series. Probably would be worth more if all original but beauty be in the eye of the beholder! Of course condition means a lot, but even if just functional at $75-100 per attachment it still doesn't sound too bad. What brand is the thrower? And can you describe the catcher?