Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Just bought new 7016H, how'd I do?

Isleblue65

Craig, a front blade would be great and you can do so much with one other than just push snow. At least your Snapper blower is of the Simplicity family (Simplicity now owns Snapper)The wife and I really loved living in Minnesota and miss it now that we live in Nebraska. We had a small fishing resort located 20 miles north of Detroit Lakes. Dan aka IronPony

You did good. That was my first tractor and also my favorite model....with those bucket headlights on the side of the hood. 4 working headlights alone will cost you 75 clams! Nice work!

Great source of information here. I never thought I would get into tractors, but I love mechanical stuff and the enthusiasm I'm seeing here for these machines is truly contageous. Yes, a plow may be a good alternative to buying another blower. Cheaper, and like you said, more versatile. I'm going to need to tear out some bushes next spring, so I'll be finding yet another use for the 7016 for that. Here are a few photos I snapped this morning. Now I'm off to mulch some more leaves!

Welcome Craig, you got a great buy, yours has the Sunstrand hydro which you can convert to hydraulic lift. These Soveriegn tractors are tough and long lasting and attachments are fairly easy to come by. Good Luck

I can't believe it's over 30 years old myself. It is a bit of a barn find I think, and I feel fortunate. I'll be reading up on the hydro conversion. I might do that over the winter.