Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
wantedinct

3012 variable

wantedinct
I just picked up a 3012 with a variable. through a new set of points in it and got it running,it runs and drives good. Now here's whats wrong, when starting off from a dead stop, is sounds like the belt is slipping, other then that, the variable seems to work right. I know a lot of guys swapped pullys and did away with the variable set up, but i would like to try to get it working right. Anyone have any suggestions were to start? I was going to start by trying a new drive belt.

mowerman1193
I would look up the manual and read how to adjust it and try that first..The belts are $$$$ so I would try adjusting first...never know it might have a new belt on it that they didn't get adjusted right..

Bunky
Try this for adjusting it also make sure that everything is loose and nothing is binding, the belts are Over $50 if i remember correctly... When they work they work great... [url]http://www.simpletractors.com/service/vari-drive_adjustment.htm[/url]

Eric, I have a very nice running B112 and a broken 3012. Same machines. If you want to see how the B112 works, you can stop by.