Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
ehertzfeld

Ready,set, go!!! Off to the show!

ehertzfeld
Well unfortunately the 3012 is obviously still a bit shy It didn't want to start, so it must not be ready to go to a show. I kindly patted it on it's hood, and said "well we'll try again next year." So here is my load for Colchester. Hope to see a bunch of you over the next few days.:D

D-17_Dave
Elon, I'm counting on you and Maynard to make a strong SimpletrACtors pressence. I would certainly love to be there with you all. Everyone have a safe trip and wonderful time. And like Mark mentioned above, we need lots of pics when you get back.

shanhamm
quote:
Originally posted by johnmonkey
Have a great trip, you look like you are well prepared. What is the to reciever for? (on your tow hitch??. JH
just an educated guess, but i think that would be for a higher height for a trailer with a higher tounge height, but just a guess. elon i see the truck is sitting quite a bit higher than your origanl pics. hope you have a safe ride, take it easy with that load, and bring us some pics!

ehertzfeld
The truck went down the road just fine. I ended up bringing home one more with no problems. Fast Paul didn't have room for the one he picked up, so it's going to spend the night at my house tonight.:D BTW, the upper receiver is not for towing use!!!!!!!!! It is only designed for hitch attachments, like a bike rack or one of those carry boxes. It can only carry about 300 pounds on it. I needed the extra length to clear my trailer jack. When I saw this, I figured I could take the bikes with the trailer, if we ever wanted to.:D Unfortunately my camera never made it out of the camper:(:(![:0] I have got to get better about that. Once I get talking and looking around, I lose track of time and soon it's time to go home. I know a lot you others had cameras out and took a bunch of pictures. I had a great time! It was the biggest turn out on Saturday. I have never seen that many people at that show. Sunday wasn't as busy, but still a great turn out. Thanks to all who came out to say hi. I can't wait for the GOTO and the fall Colchester show.:D