Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

My old 7016H Sovereign. I think it's a keeper!

DanD

Here's a pic of my old Sovereign (1974 or 75 model...the date code on the engine is October 1974) and the mowing it does. How does it look? Think I should take it to the junkyard? I'm thinking I'll keep it for now!

Old Simplicitys still mowing prettier than those zero turn jobs and can have just as much fun mowing with them. Pretty yard,Matt

The Sovereign belonged to my father. Here I'm driving its replacement at my father's farm. It's pretty sweet ride. I do like the power steering, power lift and foot hydro control of the Prestige but I wonder if it will still be going when it's 30+ years old. He bought the Prestige because the engine in the Sovereign had completely worn out and didn't have enough power to even run the blades. I completely overhauled the old Briggs (did the work myself except the machine shop bored the cylinder out .020") and now it runs like new. I bought the snowblower through a want ad I placed on this site. Came in pretty handy after moving from an apartment to a house with a pretty large driveway (and lawn)!

Dan... Dan.... Think MrMeagi..... Breathe IN thru the nose.... Out thru the mouth.... IT'S going to be OK.... Now, WHAT ARE YOU THINKIN' LOL You have a unit that cuts & blows like THAT!! Of course, I think someone here would be glad to ' snag it' Great unit Dan, KEEP it! JP 8-)

quote:
Originally posted by gregc
If you decide to take it to the junkyard bring it to mine.;)
I might be a little closer if you can't afford to take it to Gregs junk yard..:D:D

Keep it... or drop it off at my place in NJ. The prestige is nice too. I often dream about power steering. Welcome to the club! Bill

A Soverign much like yours just sold on eBay for around $275. I think I keep the old junk, even if just for sentimental reasons...;) Tacey