Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Any Case collectors

Scott Salmons

I have a friend at work that said he has an old case that he wants to get rid of. He said it has a cast iron briggs and is a hydro with hydraulic lift, he said it was old and did not know the model #. He did say that it had the chrome eagle on a globe emblem that when he got the tractor the owner removed. Any one have any info on these tractors? No I'm not crossing over, I just don't want to see old iron junked!!

Those are very sought after tractors and most bring a handsome price. Most likely has a Kohler engine in it. I don't recall ever seeing any with a Briggs in them.

Scott, I owned 2 Case Model 220 garden tractors at one time. One I bought new and the other was a used one to fix-up and sell. The drive system in these tractors (called Hydrive) is very rugged and almost "bullet proof" in my opinion. The only qlitch with the drive system was that when you would go down a slight grade or hill, the tractor would "coast" or free wheel. This had to be controlled by moving the direction control lever to the opposite direction. Some people did not like that condition, but a trained operator could control it. The latter models had better control from what I have heard. I would not hesitate to purchase another one of these tractors. They are under the Ingersoll brand name now and parts are readily available. As Dave had mentioned, these came with kohler motors. Jim........

If it had the eagle and globe it was a Colt built Case which preceeded the Ingersoll types. They had a more rounded hood rather than the later squared up ones and were built a little different. They seem to sell for more than the later types.

I also don't remember them having Briggs engines, and remember seeing ads in newspaper or something where a collector was wanting these Tractors

My best friend, the guy that got me into this hobby to begin with, collects Case. If you want to PM me, I'll give you his phone number and email address. Where is the tractor?

I am in Kokomo, IN. Its about 50 miles north of Indy. The guy that has the case said it was a cast iron Briggs, he knows his motors he rebuilds Kohlers as a side line. I asked him again tonight about the tractor, he said it was the creamy orange and case orange, he said there is no model # that is visible and that the paint was in pretty good shape, he did say the motor was froze because someone put a stack on it and didn't cover it. He did also say that it was a pain to move because of the hydro, he did not know a way to dissengage the unit, anybody know how?

The rear ends on the hydro's used a 2 speed gear box. Neutral is the center position. It'll be so heavy it still won't roll good, but it will be in neutral. Unless someone went to a lot of trouble the engine wil still be a Kohler as these tractors used a stubby rear crankshaft to drive the hydraulic pump and a bolt on pto shaft on the flywheel to drive the front clutch and the cooling fan for the oil cooler. If I recall they used an oilpan simular to the Cubs so it mounts odd also. These charactoristics wouldn't completely keep someone from doing an engine swap but it would greatly hinder the process.

Scott - I just got off the phone with Carl. He wants the tractor - If you can get me some way to get ahold of him, we'll make arrangements to go pick it up.

I am hauling it home tuesday. I am not sure what I am going to do with it. Maybe a B-1 or HB-112 trade??

Scott, I'm interested if you don't want it. I'm close, near Delphi. I don't have any trading stock like what you want though. A Case 120 is the first of my collection. My Dad bought it new.